Summer is a great time to visit Greece and is the peak touristy season. Travelling to Greece in winters can be delightful in its ways. The architecture of the buildings, whitewashed houses with blue domes perched on the hilltops against the picturesque Aegean Sea, adds to the alluring landscape.
Greek Food: Delicious Mediterranean cuisine
Mediterranean food is one of the most delicious and healthiest cuisines in the world. The delicacies range from Greek salads, Spanakopita, Hummus, Tzatziki, Mousakka, Gyros, and the most famous Baklava, which makes you wanting for more. For amazing Greek food, don’t forget to visit the Plaka neighbourhood.
Athens, Mykanos and Santorini are some of the most popular of the places in Greece. However, do not forget to visit Strofi.
Strofi: When in Plaka for authentic Greek cuisine, Strofi is the ideal choice since 1975. With a spectacular view of Acropolis along with their pork fillet stuffed with dried tomatoes, gruyère cheese. It’s a feast for the eyes and taste buds.
There are abundant options from cozy homestays to luxurious resorts. There are a plethora of options according to your budget. It is better to stay in the centre of the city to have access to all the attractions.
Live in Athens: Fully equipped apartments, centrally located in Thissio and Psirri. For best tips on do’s and don’ts in Athens, managed by four friends.
Athenian Residences: Located in the Athens City Centre district, 300 metres from Ancient Agora and Ermou Street-Shopping Area.
Shopping in Athens:
- Ermou Street Clothes Shopping: High-end stores like M&S, H&M, Zara, etc.
- Athinas Street: Casual clothing, jeans, T-shirts. It also caters to clothes for big people.
- Aeolou and Agios Markos Streets: In the mood to bargain for clothes, shoes, etc., this is the right place to visit.
- Abysinia Square in Monastiraki: Head right here for antiques from 19th to the 20th century.
- Pandrossou Street: Souvenirs paradise. Olive wood handicrafts would be the right choice for uniquely Greek souvenirs.
- Melissinos, 16 Tzireon: 100-year-old family business specializing in shoes and sandals. Also known as the Poet-Sandal- maker.
There are many other beautiful destinations in Greece like Crete, Peloponnese and Zakynthos worth exploring for their rich heritage and dazzling shorelines. It is hard to compile a list of must-see destinations of Greece. An exotic trip to Greece must be on your bucket list to experience the evolution of an entire civilization.